Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Halloween and Fall wreaths

This is my 2011 Halloween wreath.  I used an embroidery hoop at the wreath form.  It's been a while since I made this so I'm not sure how long I cut the tulle.  I cut it into strips and tied them onto the hoop.  I chose a fall ribbon and tied it to hang the wreath.  I am going to add my initial and a sparkly spider I bought for next year.  

I made this cornhusk wreath in the winter of 2011.  I am planning on using it sometime around the summer/fall.  To make this wreath I cut the cornhusks into strips and soaked them in water until they were pliable enough to work with.  I then took U hooks to pin them into a straw wreath form.   This was very time consuming.  I think the next one I do will be dyed magenta.  :-D    

No comments:

Post a Comment