Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Burlap Peacock Wreath

Mom and I spent a few hours making this wreath and her wreath.  Mom bought burlap fabric from a local fabric store.  We cut the burlap into 4x4 squares.  I think we cut out 250 squares.  There was a mess on the floor from the burlap.  We actually used a foam pipe from Lowes to make the wreath form.  We just cut the foam in half and taped it with Duck Tape.  Then we wrapped the form with burlap to hide the gray.  We made "bubbles" with the squares by tucking two opposite sides inward (and doing the same to the other sides).  To secure the bubbles to the wreath form we used 100 pearl head pins (from Walmart).  When I was finished, I attached peacock feathers to the wreath with hot glue.  I also hot glued a letter "E" that I painted to match the peacock feathers.        

No comments:

Post a Comment